The UGG® brand (UGG), a division of Deckers Brands (NYSE: DECK), today announced the debut of its Winter 2015 “This Is UGG.” brand marketing campaign starring supermodel Chrissy Teigen and DJ Jack Guinness. For the latest iteration of “This Is UGG.” – a campaign designed to develop an emotional connection with consumers that transcends any specific product – UGG took to the pristine snowcapped mountain peaks of Iceland for a breathtaking experiential journey to develop an emotional connection with the consumers to present our extensive winter product – a fashionable line that infuses the most innovative weatherproof, waterproof and water-resistant technologies. The multi-media, cross-channel campaign, which will run through February 1, 2015, will leverage this storytelling platform to illustrate how UGG products “Feels Like Nothing Else”.
“The UGG brand has demonstrated steady success in expanding its offering and developing strong product throughout the year including recent transitional footwear, as well as high fashion styles that incorporate high-tech weather features,” said Connie Rishwain, President of UGG. “We’ve called upon Chrissy Teigen and Jack Guinness to serve as our brand ambassadors for our Winter 2015 ‘This Is UGG.’ campaign to bring attention to our compelling weather designs that transcend what traditional weather products look like. These are beautiful, yet highly functional products that also deliver the luxury and comfort that the UGG brand is known for.”
In the spirit of “This is UGG.” Teigen and Guinness, who have catapulted themselves to notoriety by being “plugged in,” were asked to do just the opposite – unplug in order to reconnect to their experiences, environment and themselves. The campaign follows a story of meaningful moments that capture a feeling. From discovering local treasures to reflecting on a snow-topped glacier, Chrissy and Jack embrace their experiences and radiate emotion that mirrors what the UGG brand is all about — a comfort and ease that “Feels Like Nothing Else.”
The new collection highlights fashion-forward weatherproof, water-resistant and waterproof styles fit for blizzards, thunderstorms and everything in between.
Winter 2015 – Women’s collection highlights:
- A contemporary take on a classic silhouette, the Emalie boot fuses waterproof leather with a water-repellent wool blend forming a protective cover for feet, while the Simmens boot incorporates a textured, water-resistant shaft and a soft, cozy lining to keep feet warm and comfortable.
- Chartering bold new territory, sumptuous sheepskin is fixed to cuff the Patten‘s water-resistant Silkee suede in rugged-riche style, while a luxurious, natural wool lining keeps feet warm and dry.
- Renowned for its bar-raising blend of fashion and performance, the Adirondack Boot II features waterproof full-grain leather, cozy lining and cuffable suede shaft. And an UGG®-exclusive Vibram® outsole on the Adirondack Boot II stands up to snowy weather in style.
Teigen radiates an unexpected outgoing personality with a passion for adventure. For “This Is UGG.”, Chrissy unveils her most natural side, indulging in her interest for unique foods and beauty. In an exclusive video, “Soul Food,” she reflects on slowing down to appreciate life’s small moments:
“Life goes by so quickly so it is really important to create time and space for yourself. Sometimes you have to think of your surroundings and how blessed you are: Close your eyes, take it all in and be in the moment. In Iceland we were surrounded by so much beauty and so much simplicity— it’s just food for the soul.” – Chrissy Teigen
Chrissy Teigen, “Soul Food” video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWVLbX7LjJo
Updated classics with touches fit for the elements, including weatherproof, water-resistant and waterproof technology, are joined for the men’s winter campaign.
Winter 2015 – Men’s collection highlights:
- Oiled suede complements the waterproof leather in the Munroe, creating a durable style with a contemporary feel. Fully lined in luxurious, natural wool, this rugged boot is cold weather rated to -4 degrees Fahrenheit and equipped with an exclusive Vibram® outsole.
- The shorter iteration of the iconic classic, the Classic Mini Deco serves as a perfect alternative for warmer climates, elevated stylistically with sophisticated stitching at the heel counter. Showcasing all the characteristics of the Classic Collection, this boot keeps feet dry and comfortable with a moisture-wicking interior.
- Crafted to handle the harshest winter elements, the men’s Butte pairs understated style with stay-dry technology. Cuffable, waterproof leather and nylon are finished with an exclusive Vibram® outsole and moisture-wicking lining to offer the warmth and dry comfort characteristic of classic UGG boots.
The “This Is UGG” winter journey shows an intimate side of Jack Guinness – one that reflects his personal interests and creative pursuits, out of the limelight. Jack barely has a moment for himself; those rare moments are like gold. As an accomplished DJ, one of Jack’s favorite things to do is spending time getting lost for hours in hidden record stores and finding little gems of sound that will make his sessions better. As a musician, avid reader, writer and art collector, before departing for Iceland Guinness spoke about his excitement for the “This Is UGG” campaign via an exclusive video featuring the UGG brand:
“Iceland is a sublime place. There’s something so romantic and unique about Iceland; it’s rugged and magic. I want to meet the people, listen to the music that’s popular there, and learn about their culture. Does living in Iceland create a different outlook on life? An original aesthetic and way of looking at things? I want to drink and dance with the locals, and try and see the world through their eyes. It sounds cheesy but it’s true! I’m really, really excited… I’ll keep a diary while I’m out there, sometimes writing helps me share thoughts that would otherwise go unexpressed and be forgotten. I don’t just want to remember what I did, I want to remember how it made me feel.” – Jack Guinness
Jack Guinness, “On the Rocks” video: http://youtu.be/H8XjyGWqOvg
Founded in 1978, UGG has built a reputation on luxury and comfort by using only the finest materials in the world, employing the highest standards of craftsmanship, and delivering new and innovative styles well beyond the original sheepskin Classic boots. The UGG® brand is recognized as a premium lifestyle brand with more than $1 billion in annual sales, offering footwear, loungewear, outerwear, home products, cold weather accessories and handbags under the UGG Women, UGG for Men, UGG Kids, UGG Handbags, UGG Loungewear, UGG Home and I HEART UGG® product lines. The brand’s concept and outlet stores offer the ultimate brand experience with 130-plus locations worldwide, including New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Paris, London, Tokyo,Shanghai and Beijing. For more information, visit our website, www.uggaustralia.com, and our blog, blog.uggaustralia.com. @UGGAustralia #THISISUGG