NEW YORK, NY – Today, StyleBistro.com – a leading online destination for fashion, beauty and celebrity style – announced the results of its 2013 StyleBistro Awards. In a bottomless sea of cool cosmetics, daring designers and stylish celebrities, these second annual honors celebrate the standout few that made the biggest splash.
“Style has always evolved quickly,” said John Newlin, Editor-in-Chief, StyleBistro. “And because we now have instant access to so much information, so much great fashion and beauty photography, it’s harder to pin down the ‘best’ of anything than it’s ever been. So we made it easy for our already highly engaged audience to collectively rank the top leaders in a select number of fashion and beauty categories. We’re proud to share those results today because, combined with our editors’ expertise, the feature is a true reflection of the industry’s best of the best.”
Preliminary Picks: Culling the cream of the crop in each category was no simple task for the StyleBistro team. Nominees were determined through a careful calculation of who and what resonated most, not only with the site’s own readers, but the people and products that made the most significant impressions industry-wide this year. StyleBistro’s glamour gurus spent countless hours sifting through fan favorites, testing cosmetics and scouring the latest lookbooks to come up with their Editors’ Picks, while the Readers’ Choice Winners were selected by popular vote on StyleBistro.com.
Voting kicked off on August 6th with Round 1 of the StyleBistro Awards’ Best Dressed of the Year Bracket, pinning thirty-two fashionistas against one another in a fan-fueled face-off. Fourteen more categories were rolled out over the following weeks, inviting the site’s style-savvy audience to sound off on everything from this year’s Most Stylish TV Character to the Best Red Carpet Designer and even Prettiest Product Packaging.
After three weeks of polling and more than 90,000 total votes cast, the 2013 StyleBistro Readers’ Choice Awards go to:
● Best Dressed of the Year – Kerry Washington
● Best Maternity Style – Kate Middleton
● Best Street Style – Miranda Kerr
● Best Red Carpet Designer – Christian Dior
● Best New Fragrance – Beyoncé Midnight Heat
● Most Stylish TV Character – Emily Thorne (Amanda Clarke / Emily VanCamp), Revenge
● Best New Color Cosmetic – Maybelline Color Whisper by Color Sensational in “Orange Attitude”
● Best Red Carpet Style – Rihanna
● Prettiest Product Packaging – Avon Mega Effect Mascara
● Best New Nail Color/Collection – Julep’s Jazz Collection
● Best New Body Product – Morrocanoil Body Oil
● Best New Hair Product – Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo
● Best New Skin Care Product – Kiehl’s Super Multi-Corrective Cream
● Accessories Designer of the Year – Giuseppe Zanotti Design
● Most Iconic Celebrity Hairstyle – Kate Middleton’s Classic Chelsea Blowout
For more on the StyleBistro Awards winners and editors’ picks visit: