NEW YORK, Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Refinery29, the global source for all the best fashion and lifestyle news, trends, and shopping, announced today the launch of an exciting new addition to its premium original content lineup, and just in time for the holiday shopping season — Tinseltown, a multi-faceted holiday initiative that will culminate with a 3-day live shopping Bazaar.
“Inspiration-based shopping is a major focus for Refinery29,” says founder, Philippe von Borries. “And Tinseltown is another means of showing users and brands how we can engage audiences, as well as the convergence of all of our greatest assets—incredible product and resources, imaginative programming, and an innovative user experience.”
- Refinery29’s Tinseltown features three interactive online and offline components; Live from Tinseltown (kitschy and cool video series), Tinseltown Gift Guide (shop straight from the inspiration of the videos), and the Tinseltown Bazaar (Refinery29 comes to life with the Nolita pop up!)
- The site’s comprehensive holiday hub, Tinseltown, www.Refinery29.com/holiday, will inspire readers through December 25th, and be a welcomed diversion from the stresses of the holiday season.
“Live from Tinseltown”:
- A daily video series that turns gift-giving into a modern-day interactive variety show, will allow users to watch, share, and shop all within the span of a 3-minute, editor-hosted romp.
- The 16-episode, unscripted, daily series will combine all the fun-meets-future trademarks the site is known for—premium programming, R29 talent, and access to editor-curated product through a brand-new online shopping technology, which will allow users to put product directly into their shopping carts throughout the span of each themed video.
- Refinery29’s editors will join a slew of stylish guests, including actress and host Louise Roe, and sister-duo Danielle and Jodi Snyder of DanniJo jewelry, to bring the themed gift guides even more to life.
- To create the sparkling holiday set (“imagine a sort of winter-wonderland of the future,” says Editor-in-Chief, Christene Barberich), the site reunited with star set designers, Aux Armes, based in Brooklyn and responsible for creating the awe-inspiring window installations at Hermes and Jill Stuart, among others.
“The holidays can be incredibly stressful for everyone,” says Editor-In-Chief, Christene Barberich. “It was important to us that we brought all the best resources to the forefront in the way of these product-packed gift guides, but making them fun was totally key. These videos are a chance for our users to tune into the Refinery29 world in a very personal way. With this video series, it’s like they are actually shopping with us.”
Tinseltown Gift Guide:
- An engaging new shopping technology that further extends Reinfery29’s mission to seamlessly blend content and commerce in an organic way.
- The curated, constant rotation of holiday product at a variety of price-points, including exclusive pieces from Refinery29 beloved designers, such as Giles & Brother, Gryson, Loeffler Randall, and Urban Outfitters, will offer digital immediacy as hosts and experts highlight brands throughout the video that will be on their personal wish lists!
- Launching with Tinseltown is the site’s first PWP, Perk With Purchase, a program encouraging users to tune in at a certain time everyday to watch each new episode and, in turn, score their very own gift with purchase.
“This is a content-first experience,” says VP of Product, Josh Himwich. “Refinery29 is leading with its trademark brand of compelling editorial, and weaving commerce directly into the content. With programmed video content, our goal is to continue pushing the boundaries of discovery, through intelligent technology and the constant nurturing of the user experience, while always inspiring our audience in new ways.”
- The “Live from Tinseltown” online experience will debut with a festive 3-day holiday pop-up shop in New York City from December 14-16, dubbed the “Tinseltown Bazaar.”
- The first-ever event of its kind will offer an additional way to extend the brand to the community and feature special surprises from the site’s editors and experts.
- The Bazaar will feature Refinery29’s favorite designers and coveted labels as well as one-of-a-kind merchandise and exclusive collaborations.