FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Miami, FL (July 12, 2011)- In just a few days, The Raleigh hotel in South Beach will become the epicenter of fashion for the seventh season of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim, and all eyes will be on the collections of thirty of the hottest swimwear designers. The event is made possible by the Official Sponsors of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim, who will be providing a variety of services and amenities, as well has hosting events throughout the week. Detailed below is a list of all sponsor activities for the 2012 Collections.
• This season, LUXE by Lisa Vogel receives the distinguished title of “Mercedes-Benz Presents” Designer and is showcasing the brand for the first time. Known for its smart, stylish, sexy bikinis and coordinating resort wear for modern women, LUXE by Lisa Vogel will show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim on Sunday, July 17.
• The all-new 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class is making its Southern Florida debut during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim. This hard-top convertible takes the luxury roadster experience to new heights featuring cutting-edge technology like Magic Sky Control, which allows the transparent glass roof to be darkened or lightened in seconds at the touch of a button. Attendees will also get a glimpse of the all-new 2012 C-Class Coupe which debuts this September.
• Lindsay Albanese, stylist of Mercedes-Benz Presents Designer, LUXE by Lisa Vogel, will host a private event in the Mercedes-Benz Star Lounge to discuss trends in convertibility from road to runway.
• The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Force is going on patrol in the new 2012 CLS63 AMG to spot “stylesetters” with fresh, creative design looks and alluring appeal. The Fashion Force is teaming up with local Miami stylist, Danny Santiago along with other well-known fashion influencers to carry out the mission. Each “stylesetter” chosen is awarded a ride to their next destination and a lucky few will receive an invitation to the culmination event in the Mercedes-Benz Star Lounge.
• American Express® is proud to return to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim, connecting Cardmembers with the fashion industry through exclusive access and unique experiences.
• American Express Cardmembers will have the opportunity to experience the runway excitement through special event packages to shows featuring the 2012 swimwear collections of top designers, exclusive access to the American Express poolside cabana at The Raleigh to relax between shows, enjoy light bites and drinks, meet industry influencers and more.
• American Express is proud to showcase its continued commitment to its fashion-savvy Cardmembers through access to unique fashion experiences throughout the year from intimate designer meet and greets, exclusive Cardmember-only retail experiences, unparalleled access to runway collections and much more. To learn more about American Express’ special access into the world of fashion, please visit americanexpress.com/entertainment.
• AriZona Beverages is pleased to strut their stuff as the Official Water Sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim.
• AriZona’s newest product CocoZona will be featured throughout the event–100% pure coconut water in a re-sealable and recyclable aluminum bottle made from young green Indonesian coconuts.
• Get your vitamin on! AriZona partnered with TwinLab for its vitamin enhanced RESCUE Waters where each flavor corresponds with a specific function including Lemon-Lime Energy, Orange Citrus Detox, Pomegranate Punch Immunity, Berry Blend Relax and Blueberry Coconut Hydrate. Whatever you need, AriZona has you covered.
• Vapor Water is bottled water with a clean, crisp taste that has been infused with electrolytes designed to help increase a person’s rate of hydration and enhance performance during physical activity.
• The Perfect Fit for Fashion, DHL is returning to the runways in Miami for the fifth straight season as the Official Logistics Sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim.
• DHL’s capabilities targeting the fashion sector, including fashion week events worldwide, offer full customized, integrated logistics solutions, supply chain management services and door-to-door deliveries.
• DHL’s global expertise, service excellence and international focus, which spans more than 220 countries and territories worldwide, helps customers in the fashion and apparel industry operate more efficiently and effectively.
• DHL is also the proud sponsor of the White Sands Australia designer runway show on July 15, where the resort wear label will showcase its 2012 swimwear collection.
MAKE UP FOR EVER:
• MAKE UP FOR EVER is thrilled to serve as official make up sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim for the third consecutive year, providing expert make up applications backstage at top swim shows and helping local Miami fashionistas embrace summer’s boldest trends.
• As the go-to beauty brand for make up that outperforms in extreme environments, MAKE UP FOR EVER’S collaboration with Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim provides the ideal venue to launch and test new products that are created to last, whether under hot runway lights or in the humid Miami air.
• From July 14th – 18th, MAKE UP FOR EVER ALLIANCE artists will be collaborating with top swimwear designers to create eye-catching make up looks that light up the runways. In addition, the brand can also be found at a number of events and lounges taking place throughout theEvent.
• Windows is debuting as an Official Sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim 2012 Collections.
• A hand-picked collection of the season’s hottest Windows PCs – in a range of styles, sizes, colors and materials – will be showcased at an exclusive event in The Raleigh’s stunning Penthouse on July 17. Starring in the showcase will be three one-of-a-kind customized Windows PCs featuring the cutting edge designs and vibrant colors from Benny Rosset’s Cia.Marítima 2012 collection.
• New Windows PCs allow users to express their unique personal style with an optimum blend of the design and the tools – such as Windows 7, Windows Live and Internet Explorer 9 – to help them do more of what they love to do.
• The first ever Press Lounge at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim will be open July 14 thru 18 exclusively for credentialed press and industry representatives attending the Event. The Windows PC Press Lounge will provide an area for press to work, write and file stories, conduct interviews, and lounge throughout the Event. Multiple workstations will be equipped with state of the art PCs loaded with the latest in Microsoft software products, including Windows 7, Windows Live, Office 2010 and Internet Explorer 9.
• Ocean Drive magazine is the quintessential fashion and lifestyle magazine for South Florida, delivering the latest trends in fashion, beauty, art, travel, real estate and entertainment. For seven years Ocean Drive magazine has been an Official Media Sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim.
• The July/August 2011 Swim Issue features IMG Models cover star Chrissy Teigen. A party to celebrate the release of this issue with cover Star Chrissy Teigen will be held at WET and WALL at 2201 Collins Ave on Thursday, July 14th.
• The July/August 2011 Swim Issue is complete with the official “Swim Guide 2011” insert which can be found throughout the convention center and at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim.
• For more information please visit www.oceandrive.com; www.facebook.com/oceandrive.magazine; @oceandrivemag.
• The Raleigh hotel, official host of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim for the 7th consecutive year, provides a picture-perfect backdrop with its understated elegance and art-deco grandeur.
• The pool which was named “one of the Sexiest Pools in America,” by Condé Nast Traveler, is turned in to a catwalk and social scene for some of the world’s biggest models, editors, photographers and fashion fans.
• The Royal restaurant opened to critical acclaim in December 2010. Guests can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch in the warm and chic outdoor garden while experiencing the continental cuisine.
• Don’t forget to visit Miami’s main attraction: the beach! The Raleigh takes the art of beaching to a new level. Comfy chaise lounges, fresh towels, umbrellas and gourmet food delivered right to you.
• After a long day of shows, The Raleigh is offering a late night tapas menu in The Martini Bar, Lobby Café and Upper Lobby.
• Red hot Kristin Cavallari (The Hills) will strut down the catwalk in a spectacular, never-before seen swim suit designed by DIESEL and inspired by SKYY® Vodka’s signature cobalt blue bottle during DIESEL’s opening night show.
• Following the runway show, Kristin, along with numerous other boldfaced names, celebrity DJ Jessica Szohr (Gossip Girl), and DIESEL will join SKYY Vodka, the official vodka of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim, as they present the Official Kick Off Party at The Raleigh.
• The exclusive DIESEL runway show, taking place at 7 PM on Thursday, July 14 at the Cabaña Grande venue at The Raleigh, will feature DIESEL’s latest men’s and women’s swimwear designs along with a show-stopping, limited-edition collection of DIESEL-designed swimwear inspired by SKYY’s iconic cobalt blue bottle. The centerpiece of the show will be the unique SKYY glass bikini, modeled by Cavallari.
• Later that evening, the Official Kick Off Party, the most coveted invite at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim, will take place at The Raleigh pool deck and Oasis at 8:00 PM, featuring music by celebrity DJ Jessica Szohr. SKYY will serve an array of sensual cocktails, serving as the perfect fashion accessory to DIESEL’s design essence and the sultry, sexy backdrop of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim.
• Throughout the rest of the week, SKYY will continue to infuse its signature brand of sexy into the event. From Friday, July 15 to Monday, July 18, SKYY will hold court in its custom VIP cabana in the Raleigh’s Oasis. Amid extravagant tropical foliage and a cascading waterfall, the SKYY Cabana, featuring models dressed in DIESEL-designed SKYY swimwear and seductive, thirst-quenching SKYY cocktails, will pamper celebrities and fashion insiders in real style.
• At the exclusive Raleigh penthouse, the invite-only lounge hosting private events throughout the week, select media, designers, celebrities and influencers will enjoy a custom SKYY bar, and hand delivered signature cocktails.
• For those unable to finagle an invite to these coveted events, DIESEL and SKYY will also bring the pulsating energy of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim to the DIESEL store on Friday, July 15 at 801 Washington Avenue for an evening of tantalizing cocktails, shopping and music by a surprise celebrity DJ. The event will feature live models modeling DIESEL clothing in the windows and celebrity appearances by Szohr and others. Get all the details at facebook.com/skyyvodka.
• TRESemmé will once again showcase stunning styles on and off the runway as an Official Sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim 2012 for a second season.
• The brand has sponsored Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York for the past six seasons.
• TRESemmé is sponsoring Mara Hoffman Swim for a second time on Saturday, July 16 at 8 PM inside the Cabaña Grande. They have also sponsored the designer’s show in New York.
• TRESemmé Lead Stylist Elsa Canedo will be creating the look for the show with the brand’s popular Fresh Start Collection.
• TRESemmé stylists will also be on-hand at the Mercedes-Benz Star Lounge inside The Raleigh on July 15th at a private event from 3:30-5:30pm. Here, they will provide guests with complimentary ponytails and summer up-do’s that will look great in the all-new Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible they are debuting at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim.
• The brand will continue to provide fans with exclusive behind-the-scenes content available on TRESemme.com, as well as the TRESemmé Facebook, YouTube and Twitter pages.
• Those attending Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim will be encouraged to stay cool inside the TRESemmé Cabana, where they will get a sneak peek at the latest innovations behind the Fresh Start Collection and walk away with a sample of the beauty award-winning TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo.
• As the #1 styling brand in the U.S., TRESemmé continues to provide women worldwide with salon-beautiful, chair-worthy hair at an affordable price.
The five days of exclusive invitation-only shows and events will present the 2012 Swimwear collections of Diesel, White Sands Australia, Poko Pano, Beach Bunny Swimwear, Crystal Jin, L*Space by Monica Wise, Wildfox Swim, Caffé Swimwear, Dolores Cortés, Mara Hoffman Swim, Aqua Di Lara, A.Ché, Norma Kamali Swimwear, Red Carter, Cia.Marítima, Luli Fama, LUXE by Lisa Vogel, Lisa Blue, diNeila Brazil, A.Z Araujo, Aguaclara, Aquarella Swimwear, Have Faith Swimwear, Kooey Swimwear Australia, Nicolita, Sonia Vera Swimwear, JOGO Beach, Perfect Tan Bikini, Tavik Swimwear and ZINGARA.
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim brings together the top international names in swim at The Raleigh hotel, with thousands of fashion industry insiders, press, buyers, celebrities and VIPs descending on Miami Beach for what has become the largest swimwear event in the world. Two runway venues- the Cabaña Grande and the Oasis, and the Historic Raleigh Pool and Penthouse provide optimal spaces for the week of shows, press previews and events.
Mercedes-Benz, the title sponsor of the event, is joined by American Express®, DHL, MAKE UP FOR EVER, TRESemmé, SKYY Vodka, Microsoft Corp., The Raleigh, AriZona Beverages, Ocean Drive Magazine, California Apparel News Waterwear and Getty Images.
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim is an IMG event.