New York, NY, United States (Celebrity News Service) – Lady Gaga’s outrageous fashion style was celebrated by the biggest names in fashion Monday night at the 10th Annual Council of Fashion Designers of America Awards. There, she was honored with the CFDA Fashion Icon award.
Gaga was presented with the award at the prestigious fashion event at Lincoln Center. She wore a custom Mugler design to the event, a black minidress with a plunging neckline and spike detailing, complete with a studded thong that was only covered when she attached the long, flowing lace and tulle train.
“I always felt like I had made it before I had made it because of all of you, because it was all of you that made me feel like I was a star,” Lady Gaga said during her acceptance speech.
Other winners included:
- Proenza Schouler for Womenswear Designer of the Year
- Michael Bastian for Menswear Designer of the Year
- Marc Jacobs for the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award
- Alexander Wang for Accessory Designer of the Year
- Prabal Gurung for Swarovski Award for Womenswear
- Robert Geller for Swarovski Award for Menswear
- Phoebe Philo for the International Award.