New York, NY – Designers and friends including OAK, Rogan, Archetype Showroom, The Smile, & Hester Street Fair are joining forces to present the first annual Black Carnival, an exciting neighborhood celebration sponsored by 42Below vodka in support of Fashion’s Night Out, on Friday, September 10, 2010.
Between 6PM-11PM, when all of New York’s most stylish denizens roam the city in search of fashion, fun and retail therapy, Bond Street between Bowery & Lafayette will be transformed into a celebration of the dark (& humorous) side of fashion – a carnival of black tents with games, music, cocktails and revelry.
Noho friends and neighbors will all be present, providing unique experiences to be discovered up and down the street and throughout the dark bazaar.
Among the carnival’s activities:
• ROGAN- Announcing an exclusive collaboration only for FNO, Rogan will offer limited edition lockets, plus surprise games for exclusive prizes
• OAK- For FNO only receive a special discounted price on the coveted OAK French Military Jacket, normally $154 will sell for $90. Customize your jacket with biker and punk inspired patches to create a unique one-of-a-kind piece. Step into OAK’s custom tent and play with angular, fashion-forward temporary tattoos. Top it all off and get your fabulous new look photographed in a unique custom built photo-booth.
• The Smile- Offering delicious bites prepared by Executive Chef Melia Marden
• Hester Street Fair- The Big Social, the team that behind the Hester Street Fair, will be curating all of the food in the Black Carnival. Vendors include Luke’s Lobster, Nijiya, Melt Bakery, Sigmund Pretzels and Macaroon Parlor
• United Nude- Shoe toss – toss a ball into the right shoe for special prizes, discounts and free shoes
• Kai-aakmann- Guests are invited to “flash” style a model using looks from Fall collection; Facebook fans will vote on their favorite look and the winning guest gets a $500 gift card
• BONDST- The famed restaurant will have sushi chefs making hand-rolls on demand and will also be frying up spicy crispy shrimp
• CHRISTINEATS- Confectioner Christine will be one hand with adult caramels and caramel apples
• Factory by Erik Hart- Designer Erik Hart will be doing video interviews of guests as part of a special FNO film project to featured on www.factoryclothing.com
• Vita Coco- Delicious, refreshing and hydrating – a healthy option to keep you going all night
Stay tuned for additional vendors, announcements of live performances, hourly giveaways, raffle drawings, treasure hunts, circus performers and more!
OAK’S FASHION’S NIGHT OUT
Be sure to check out the amazing Oak & Friend’s tents and tables, featuring dark-humored games and activities as well as DIY Limited Edition Items.
For one night only, meet the designers behind cult brands OAK, Factory by Erik Hart, LNA,
Kai-aakmann and Surface to Air. Customize your very own, one-of-a-kind items!
OAK- For FNO only receive a special discounted price on the coveted OAK French Military Jacket, normally $154 will sell for $90. Customize your jacket with biker and punk inspired patches to create a unique one-of-a-kind piece. Step into OAK’s custom tent and play with angular, fashion-forward temporary tattoos. Top it all off and get your fabulous new look photographed in a unique custom built photo-booth.
Factory by Erik Hart: Receive a limited edition signed copy of Erik Hart’s Zine with any Factory By Erik Hart purchase. Star in a Factory by Erik Hart art film set against a custom built backdrop influenced by the Fall ’10 look book.
LNA: Create your own shredded tee, tank or legging with LNA designers and founders Lauren Alexander and April Leight.
Kai-aakmann: Participate in Kai-aakmann’s “Style Intersection” where guests can personally style male and female models for a winning prize of a $500 gift certificate of Kai-aakmann clothing.
Surface to Air: Create your own charm necklace, choose from various chains, charms & pendants. Customize the ever-popular Surface to Air 2 and 3-finger rings with your initials.
Partake in the festive pageant of creativity and dark humor throughout Bond Street where many more fun carnival-themed activities such as face painting, tarot card reading, and games will abound – all with a side show twist!