London, United Kingdom (AHN) – Nicole Richie has been named Entrepreneur of the Year by Glamour Awards. The ex-“Simple Life” star has been lauded for her fashion business skills, while British singer Cheryl Cole has nabbed the top honor of Woman of the Year.
Richie was elegant in a simple peach strapless dress from her own Winter Kate clothing range. She also runs House of Harlow 1960 jewelry line. Both are named after her 2-year-old daughter Harlow Winter Kate.
Cole, who recently collaborated with will.i.am for her single “3 Words,” attended the event in a revealing low-cut Julien Macdonald gown that features a flowing train and a short hemline on the front.
She thanked her dentist for her award, saying, “Four or five years ago I’d never dreamt I’d be here amongst so many glamorous women. One person I definitely have to thank is my dentist. So thank you very much.”
“Avatar” star Zoe Saldana scooped the Film Actress of the Year trophy, while “Glee” actress Lea Michele nabbed the U.S. TV Actress of the Year at the ceremony held at the Berkeley Square in London on Tuesday.
Glamour Award 2010 list of winners:
- Radio Personality of the Year: Fearne Cotton
- U.K. TV Actress of the Year: Billie Piper
- Accessory Designer of the Year: Emma Hill
- Band of the Year: Florence and the Machien
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Nicole Richie
- Comedy Actress of the Year: Ruth Jones
- Filmmaker of the Year: Sam Taylor-Wood
- Presenter of the Year: Christine Bleakley
- Writer of the Year: Sarah Waters
- Sheer Infusion Newcomer: Alexandra Burke
- Sportswoman of the Year: Amy Williams
- Editor’s Special Award: Anna Kendrick
- Solo Artist of the Year: Lily Allen
- Film Actress of the Year: Zoe Saldana
- Woman of the Year: Cheryl Cole
- U.S. TV Actress of the Year: Lea Michele
- TV Personality of the Year: Dannii Minogue
- Fashion Designer of the Year: Isabel Marant
- Outstanding Contribution: Yoko Ono
- Man of the Year: Aaron Johnson