Los Angeles, CA, United States (CNS) – The Oscars are over and Hollywood’s biggest and most fashionable night are now immortalized in the red carpet photos, which has fashionistas doing more voting than the Academy of Arts & Sciences. Which means that much like the awards given out, there’s new winners and losers in the category most people care about the most: Best Dressed.
- Zoe Saldana: While Saldana might land on a few Worst lists for her lilac and purple Givenchy Haute Couture by Riccardo Tisci dress, the floor-length, flamenco inspired number was befitting for the Latin star. The “Avatar” beauty was bold with the dress which featured even more dimensions with its ruffled bottom.
- Sandra Bullock: The night’s big winner for Best Actress is also Best Dressed in her floor-length, body-hugging Marchesa gown. With gold and silver detailing, it never looked better than when she had an Oscar in hand.
- Cameron Diaz: Topping off her tulle gold dress with sequin detailing with a bold red lipstick, Diaz looked absolutely statuesque in Oscar de la Renta.
- Gabourey Sidibe: “If fashion was porn, this dress is the money shot,” she told Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet. The “Precious” star was sexy and confident in her short-sleeved, blue Marchesa gown with silver detailing.
- Carey Mulligan: The “An Education” star could school her peers on how to dress both young and elegant in her black Prada gown complete with flower-shaped Swarovski detailing.
- Charlize Theron: The Christian Dior dress walked the runway in a stunning beige and grey, but its lavender incarnation on Theron was a miss, with strange rose-like detailing accentuating her chest.
- Miley Cyrus: The Disney star brought unwanted attention to her chest in her bodice-exposing Jenny Packham dress.
- Kate Winslet: While she was the big winner last year in both acting and fashion, Winslet looked absolutely stunning from the waist up, but lost fans with her YSL dress, which plays with pleats to make it look strangled like a pant suit. But it’s a dress.