Los Angeles, CA, US (CNS) – If you ever doubted the intimate relationship between music and fashion, each celebrity voted into our Top 10 Best Dressed Celebrities of 2009 are singers (You just made it, Leighton Meester). But after over hundred CNS readers were surveyed, these are their picks for the most fashionable, trend-setting fashion, and music, icons rocking red carpets everywhere.
- Lady Gaga: If Lady Gaga becomes the biggest trend-setter in fashion, women everywhere will be accessorizing with muppets, lace masks, and empty tea cups. But whether her look is off-the-runway or off-the-wall, the fashions at the Haus of Gaga always have people talking.
- Beyoncé: Once upon a time, this R&B princess hit the scene mix-and-matching mom Tina Knowles’ originals with the rest of Destiny’s Child. But Beyoncé’s had the pick of all designer duds for years, sporting looks from Balmain to Roberto Cavalli, and even French fashion designer Thierry Mugler for the futuristic fashions of her “I Am” tour.
- Rihanna: On-stage or off-stage, Rihanna’s style is as much a hit as her songs. In her latest music videos alone, she rocks designers like Alexandre Vauthier, Jeremy Scott, and Alexander McQueen. When it comes to fashion, the “Rated R” singer comes hard.
- Carrie Underwood: The “American Idol” played on as one of the best dressed artists of the year, whose favorite designers include Zuhair Murad and Badgley Mischka. Underwood only hit high notes with her choices at recent appearances like the American Music Awards and CMA Awards.
- Taylor Swift: The fresh-faced, no-longer-a-teen country queen always sports the freshest designs from lesser known designers like Kaufman Franco, Collete Dinnigan, and Cynthia Steffe. Her Reem Acra dress at the CMA Awards showed that she can be classy AND “Fearless.”
- Cheryl Cole: The pocket-sized star has been named the best dressed star overseas by various outlets, and the “X Factor” judge and “3 Words” singer is making her status as style icon known in the States as well wearing striking numbers from Zuhair Murad, Igor Chapurin, and Stephane Rolland for Jean-Louis Sherrer.
- Leighton Meester: The “Gossip Girl” star just kicked off a music career which so far has included duets with Robin Thicke and Cobra Starship, but she’s also making some beautiful music with some of the hottest designers, like Marios Schwab and Mark Fast, who keep her look getting edgier and sexier.
- Shakira: The “She Wolf” singer is best known for all things skin-tight and belly-baring, but this year she was all about the mini dress, which she donned by designer like Gucci and Versace. She also wore the same Balmain leather and metal mini to the VMA’s, which just showed that great minds think alike.
- Fergie: Whether she was stepping out on her own, with the Black Eyed Peas, or as part of the cast of “Nine,” the singer/actress had all eyes on her with jaw-dropping numbers from names like Jean Paul Gaultier and Dolce & Gabbana. At the recent Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, her looks stole the show from runway models like Marisa Miller and Heidi Klum.
- Chris Brown: The “I Can Transform Ya” singer was voted as the #10 best dressed star of the year. I’m sorry, I must have missed something. Did he dress sharp on the way to court?
Just Outside the Top 10: Anne Hathaway, Selena Gomez, Michelle Obama