New York, NY (CNS) – Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour has topped the list of New York’s most powerful names in fashion, as compiled by New York Daily News. Sarah Jessica Parker also made the list.
As per the tabloid, there’s “no one is fashion as influential as the fearsomely smart, British-born editor.” Wintour, 58, is believed to be the inspiration behind Meryl Streep’s character, Miranda Priestly, in the novel-turned-film “Devil Wears Prada.”
Also making the list are “Sex and the City” star Sarah Jessica Parker at number 43 and the show’s stylist Patricia Field at number 22.
Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen has beaten out her peers in the catwalk as she settles at the fourth place, just one place above New York’s mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Some spots on the list are occupied by a duo or a threesome, such as in the cases of Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista and Christy Turlington – “the original supes” – at #38, and Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan and Franciso Costa for Calvin Klein – the “holy trinity of American sportswear.” Designers Carolina Herrera and Oscar dela Renta also share a spot at number 14.
The “Project Runway” reality series team, including Tim Gunn and Michael Kors also made the list at 41.
Here’s half of the list of New York City Fashion’s 50 Most Powerful:
Fashion’s 50 Most Powerful:
1) Anna Wintour – Vogue editor
2) Patrick Robinson – Gap Inc. head designer
3) Marc Jacobs – designer
4) Gisele Bundchen – supermodel
5) Mayor Michael Bloomberg – mayor
6) Fern Mallis – Senior VP of IMG Fashion
7) Constance White – eBay style director
8) Diane Von Furstenberg – designer and CFDA chairwoman
9) Ruth Finley – publisher of Fashion Calendar
10) Julie Mannion – head of show production, Nian Fish, consulting creative director, KCD worldwide
11) Simon Doonan – creative director of Barneys New York
12) Kelly Cutrone – People’s Revolution founder
13) Margaret Hayes Adame – Fashion Group International president
14) Carolina Herrera and Oscar dela Renta – designers
15) Candy Pratts Price – executive fashion director, style.com
16) Mary Giuliani – caterer
17) Frederic Fekkai – hairdresser
18) Dr. Valerie Steele – director and chief curator, Museum at FIT
19) Candice McCarthy – web administrator, patrickmcmullan.com
20) Betsy Pearce – lawyer
21) Rita Hazan – colorist
22) Patricia Field – stylist and boutique owner
23) Andrew H. Dent – director of library and materials research, Material Connexion
24) Nicole Fischelis – vice president and fashion director, Macy’s
25) Jaqui Lividni – partner and co-founder, L&W Associates