The Indie 500…well, almost.
Everyone wants to get a special gift. More importantly, we all want to be the one that gives that special gift. Since there’s a Gap on every corner, give something a little more unique. This year, Papierdoll brings you everything Essential for holiday gifts that no one will ever imagine re-gifting. We’ve put together a massive list of go-to goodies for everyone on your list featuring designers and craftsman from all over. It’s Essential you pick up a few things for yourself as well, because goods this selective don’t pop up at your local mall.
1. Ripple Effect Gloves- Available in any color you could imagine, they’re the perfect answer to amping up your regular pair of gloves. $12, revampdesigns.com
2. Headphone Beanie- So warm and so cute! What more could a teenager (or goofball adult) ask for? $45, revampdesigns.com
3. Vintage Bead and Elephant Charm Earrings- what could be better for luck? $30, ornamentalthings.com
4. Vintage Cameo Necklace- At 38 inches, it’s perfect alone or layered. $88, ornamentalthings.com
5. Vintage Coin Bracelet- Gold and bold will be a domineering trend this spring, so start her off in the right direction. $82, ornamentalthings.com
6. Chiahat- Fast becoming a cult item, Chiahats are handmade and perfect for an active lifestyle! $50-$60, <a href="http://www.ornamentalthings.comchiahats.com
7. Chiabag Large Book Bag- Perfect for a laptop and everything else a busy body could ever lug around. $70, chiahats.com
8. U-Skirt and Poncho All-in-One-Flattering on everyone and their mom. $60, edgeofurge.com
9. Persephone Top- A must-have gift for the Samantha Jones in your life. $110, edgeofurge.com
10. Knit vase- Quirky, indie, shabby chic at it’s finest. For prices and ordering, contact bobandtruffle.com
11. Maia Star! Necklace- A two-tone necklace with a touch of bling brought to you by Swarovski. $88, otterotto.com
12. Artemisia Pollen Necklace- Adorned with rock crystal and moonstone, it’s perfect for a flower child. $77, otterotto.com
13. Carnie Bedroom Beauty Lamp- Frilly and prissy, and most gorgeous at night…The most outrageous lamp you’ll ever see. $145, tramplamps.com
14. I Heart Tattoos Throw Pillow- The perfect gift for those who love the ink! For prices and ordering, contact killerbeedesigns.com
15. Skull Twin Quilt- Liven up your favorite dorm dweller’s room with this spunky quilt. For prices and ordering, contact killerbeedesigns.com
16. They’re Not Looking…Magnet- For your favorite supermom. $4, angelcourt.com
17. Fun and Games Necklace- Capture the ‘80s in a fun necklace. $14, angelcourt.com
18. Leigh Hat- A vintage feather cocktail hat for the girl who loves to dress up. $55, millihats.com
19. Hank and Paulee Rockin’ Diaper Bag- Choose what you want for the rockin’ mom’s bag! Options range from Johnny Cash to The Ramones. $56, moxieandthecompound.com
20. Far Out Month Maternity Tee- The perfect tee for the mommy-to-be, which screams the month due before anyone can ask. $35, moxieandthecompound.com
21. Doorway PuppetTheatre- Help the kiddos channel their inner celebrity with this nifty foldaway puppet theatre! Why didn’t they have this when I was growing up?! $42, moxieandthecompound.com
22. Cupcake Blankie- Snuggly and warm…just the way biting into a good cupcake makes you feel. For prices and ordering, contact cococouture.com
23. Vintage Bottle Cap Charm Bracelet- Featuring bottle caps from the days of yore. $22, popartbykaren.com
24. I’m Feelin’ Corny Graphic Tee- For the corny guy we all know and love. $20, willheron.com
25. Office Tramp Tissue Box Holder- NSFW, but a quirky gift to give or get. $50, naughtysecretaryclub.com
26. Sweetie Pie Buttons- Order them in bulk and throw one in everyone’s gift! For prices and ordering, contact sweetiepiebuttons.com
27. Love = Creatures Songbird- Also available in a few other animals, the toys are plushy and small. Perfect for cuddling, or for simply perking up a boring office desk. $32-$42, supermaggie.com
28. Mini Millie Scarf- Chic and functional, this scarf has it all. Our favorite is the neutral and lovely Dreamy. $64, supermaggie.com
[The following selections are from editor Andrea Thatcher]
29. Anne Maa Designs Jewelry
Since for some of us the holiday season means Christmas and the birth of Christ, what better way to honor that than with a funky yet delicate layered cross necklace? Whether it’s a religious symbol for you or not, this handmade apatite and vermeil cross necklace is a gem of a gift (pun intended!).
“My personal favorites are the crosses,” says Anna Maa, of Anna Maa Designs. “I’m finally beginning to satisfy my cross kick that I’ve had for years.”
But her biggest sellers are her chunky gemstone rings. You might want to pick up one of those before December 25, so you can flaunt it at all your festive events.
Sign up for Anna Maa Design’s newsletter at their Web site and you can win a $50 gift certificate on December 13.
30. Tocca Candles
Who doesn’t love candles? And, more importantly, who doesn’t love Tocca?
In November, Tocca introduced a limited-edition Candele da Viaggio holiday set packaged in a polka dot fabric box based on prints from Tocca’s 2006 resort ready-to-wear collection. This alone is special enough for fastidious fashionistas – but wait until you open it up.
The fragrances of Cortina and Vittorio votives waft out of the box, completing the scent-sory experience. Cortina is from holiday 2005, based on the enticing scent of Elemi wood. Launching for the first time this holiday season, Vittorio is warm and inviting, inspired by the classic Italian Christmas poesia.
31. Stila Color Festival
For the beauty lover, Stila’s Color Festival kit is divine. It starts in a shiny pink box any makeup maven worth her brushes is just dying to rip into. Then, out falls a luxurious brown suede box. Remove the lid to reveal a seasonal eye shadow trio with champagne, sunkissed and coco shadows. Then, the sides fall away to show two more levels of fun! It includes a deluxe sample smudge pot in copper, a convertible color in gerbera, a high-shine lip color in olivia, and a deluxe sample of major lash mascara in black. If half the fun of receiving gifts is opening them, then Stila’s got 150 percent of a party in this package.